Sunday 27 November 2011

Dartfords!! ~27th November~

Heathland is a habitat I do not get to visit as much as I would like but after hearing of potential Dartford Warblers, I decided to investigate. Unfortunately the finder of the bird has asked me to keep the location of the birds a secret, so for now, it is "an undisclosed location in NE Hampshire"! There were  number of Stonechats at the site along with small numbers of Meadow Pipits and a lone Sparrowhawk and after around 20 minutes of searching we heard the unmistakable sound of a Dartford Warbler. It was soon apparent that there was more than one bird and by the end of our walk we were confident we had seen at least 3 individuals! As always, they were a really nightmare to photograph but I did my very best!!  I was particularly excited about seeing these birds as they were my first Dartfords for 8 months! Going back next weekend for more!

Stonechat

Spot the Dartford!!

A slightly easier... Spot the Dartford!

No comments:

Post a Comment